- A new pulsar has been discovered by global volunteer computing in the Einstein@Home project.
- Four Billion Little Brothers?: Privacy, mobile phones, and ubiquitous data collection. Nice article in the ACM Queue about reality mining and privacy.
- Joseph Turian offers a free consultation on data strategy; how to capture, process and monetize your data.
- (At least) two new books on low-cost or personal genomics are coming out – Here is a Human Being: At the Dawn of Personal Genomics by Misha Angrist (a k a GenomeBoy) and The $1,000 Genome: The Revolution in DNA Sequencing and the New Era of Personalized Medicine by Kevin Davies, who writes for Bio-IT World.
- Mint Data makes available aggregated spending patterns in the US from the Mint.com personal finance platform.